As an Automotive Technician at Car Care Clinic, you will be responsible for all aspects of automotive tire and mechanical service and repair for customer vehicles. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Dismount, mount and balance any type of automotive and light truck tires.
- Determine repairable conditions and make such repairs.
- Perform basic automotive and light truck service including: oil changes; brake jobs; exhaust work; basic electrical work; cooling system; tune ups and related under-hood work.
- Operate, clean and maintain service equipment including: miscellaneous hand, hydraulic and automatic tools; all auto diagnostic equipment; manual and automatic jack; hydraulic lift; air compressor; air tools; tire changer; tire balancer.
- Proper execution of required billing documents and other paper work.
Job duties will normally be performed at Car Care Clinic locations, however at the discretion of management this position may be required to perform road service therefore the qualified individual must be willing and able to drive a service vehicle to where a customer is having a problem, and be able to repair or replace their tire(s) as needed.
This position operates in all types of indoor and outdoor work environments, therefore exposure to heat and cold is to be expected.
Excellent safety and attendance performance is expected.
- Must be willing to follow all safety procedures and work in a safe manner.
- Must be able to work in a results-oriented, fast-paced environment as part of a team.
- Must be a self-starter and willing to take the initiative, able and willing to work without direct supervision, and be willing to attend appropriate training sessions.
- Must possess a mechanical aptitude.
- Must be willing to perform occasional road service calls.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- Trade school and/or ASE certification preferred.
- At least 3 months of relevant service experience is preferred.
- Must possess socket & wrench sets 3/8″ and 1/2″ drive up to 1 ½”, screwdrivers and pliers. Torque wrench ½” drive.
- Good oral and written communication ability.
- Must be able to pass a background check including employment history, SSN verification, criminal history, etc as needed.
- Must be able to pass a physical exam and drug test as needed.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.
- A genuine love for cars and trucks – it’s never work when you love what you do
We recognize and appreciate that applying to work for us takes time. Thanks in advance. Please know that we take your application seriously and that we’ll respond to qualified candidates as quickly as possible, usually within a week. Please complete the few questions we have below and your resume document. That’s it! We’re looking forward to your information.